Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Junior Year

Wow... it has only been a week back at WPI as a junior and already I am heavily swamped with work. There's always some assignment waiting to be completed from 8am to 12 pm. All these assignments have snapped me back to the harsh reality that summer really is over. Looking back at it I have to admit that it flew by. It's amazing how just four months ago it was the 1st of May and I was thinking to myself "four months is such a long time", but once my summer internship started, when the day began and when it ended just became a meshed memory.

I loved my summer. It was fun and very productive. My internship began in the month of June, so for the entire month of May I made it a point to travel and have as much as I possibly could before I would have to succumb to the 9-5 schedule of the real world. I interned at the immunohistochemistry lab at the Brigham and Women's Hospital. I enjoyed that ALOT. It gave me many insights to the life of pathologists, and how everything is accomplished in the hospital. It also helped me develop relationships and make great connections which I am extremely happy about. If you're a pre-med student it is terrific to make connections with doctors. It really helps for future recommendations and all that good stuff.

As for my current status, I am not a huge fan. Gone are the days where there was time to relax. Now its constant work and no time to just snuggle up on the couch and watch a good movie. I do have to admit that most of the stress stems from PQP and ID 2050, but I bet all the work that I am doing in the U.S. right now will pay off. It will definitely be worth it. I absolutely can not wait for A term to be over so I can start packing for my 2 month long stay abroad :o]

No comments:

Post a Comment