Friday, February 19, 2010

The aftermath...

So, the Career Fair was last Thursday and WOW it was crowded. A lot of students came. Everyone was impressed by the new swipy card thing that the CDC had going on there. It was great! It saved so much time. It was indeed a successful event.

I was among the people in the crowd with my newly updated resume =o] I managed to make a stop and give my resume to the four companies I had my eye on. The employers I encountered were very nice and most of them were very helpful. Granted there weren't really any bio positions available at this time (even for the bio companies that were there) the employers stressed on the fact that postings should be regularly checked regarding job positions. Also, emailing them regarding the positions available will be extremely helpful. This way you won't be forgotten!

So, my goal to accomplish by this coming weekend is to have emailed all the employers I spoke with. It's just going to be a thank you email with a bit of a follow up inquiry. Lets see what happens in the next few months..

No comments:

Post a Comment